Monday 11 April 2016

Tips & What to Avoid with Thin and Thick hair

Hi guys! Thanks for checking in today, hope you are all doing well !  I was scrolling through my Pinterest feed and saw lots of hair tips and different ideas for hircare so today I wanted to write a blog on haircare because I have covered skincare and my daily routine but I haven't had the opportunity to blog about haircare!

Everyone in the world has different hair types: some may have long/short, natural/dyed, thick/thin hair and they can fall into even more categories. Today I am going to be focussing on tips and things to avoid with thick and thin hair. 





Thin hair.

Some things to avoid with thin hair are:
  • Using too much product; it weighs your hair down
  • Cutting your hair in layers
  • Using conditioner on all of your hair, just do the ends
  • Flat ironing/straightening the ends
Some tips for thin hair are:
  • Use salt spray before blow drying
  • Blow dry your hair upside down for more volume
  • Dry shampoo is your new best friend
  • Go for shorter haircuts to gain volume
Thick Hair
Some things to avoid with thick hair are:
  • Washing your hair everyday, your natural oils will condition it
  • Running your hands through your hair; it makes it stick up
  • Using a bristle brush; they damage your hair
  • Blow drying your hair; it will poof up
Some tips for thick hair are:
  • Long layers add movement to your hair
  • Try longer hairstyles to reduce volume around your scalp
  • Buy extra hold clips and elastics
  • Try ombre hair with light ends to reduce thickness
I did not solely think of these ides myself, credit to Buzzfeed.com for these ideas!  Comment down below for what my next blog should be!


2 comments:

  1. I think that your next blog should be about foods that help you loose weight!!!

    ReplyDelete